MAM’s number priority is to deliver safety to babies and infants with products that are functional, comfortable and safe. Since MAM developed its first pacifier in Vienna in 1976, the company has evolved to become a globally trusted baby care brand. The market leader for pacifiers in the U.S., each year more than 19 million MAM pacifiers are sold to U.S. consumers. MAM pacifiers are extensively tested undergoing 40 different tests before being made available for sale.
Following are some safety tips from the experts at MAM including a ‘pull test’ for parents to make certain their MAM pacifiers are fit for use and being used properly:
- Inspect your child’s pacifier before each and every use. This is not only relevant for teething babies or babies with teeth. Even before babies’ teeth emerge, their gums are very hard and can cause damage to any pacifier.
- For this reason, you need to perform a ‘pull test’ prior to each use. To perform a ‘pull test,’ pull the pacifier in all directions. Carefully check for any signs of damage or weakness. If any damage or weakness is found, discard the pacifier immediately.
- Clean the pacifier before each use under warm running water. Do not use aggressive cleaning agents.
- Regularly sterilize the pacifier. After sterilizing, wait for an additional 5 minutes before giving the pacifier to your baby. During cleaning, a small amount of water may enter the nipple. This can be easily expelled by gently squeezing with clean fingers.
- Never dip the pacifier in sweet substances or medication. This can cause tooth decay.
- For hygiene and safety reasons, always replace the pacifier after one to two months of use.
MAM combines technological innovation, medical function and contemporary design to develop superior baby care products that support a baby’s development from day one. Since MAM developed its first pacifier in Vienna in 1976, it has evolved to become a global authority on baby care product design and quality. Today MAM products are used by families in over 60 countries and on six continents. To find out more and view MAM’s baby care range of award-winning pacifiers, bottles, cups, teethers, oral care items, coordinating accessories and gift sets visit www.mambaby.com.